We are committed to protecting the Privacy of our users. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We know that the general use of online websites may cause concern over the dissemination and access to a user’s private information. Our mission is to provide you with a safe and secure method by which we can collect, use, disclose your information to provide a better job experience as part of creating a robust online career community. That means, we take the information you provide to us and make it available to those Employers who are registered onto the Site in order to help you network and find a job. You control what information is made publically available and you have the right to protect and to hide your identity and to block certain individual’s access to your information if you choose.
YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OR (“PII”)
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include recruiters, career counselors, and individuals or companies hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These other individuals or companies may have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any third party.
greenlightjobs collects personally identifiable information “PII” from Applicants and Employers when you register for a Site account, when you use certain products or services and when you enter promotions or contests that may be offered from time to time. We may also ask you for other information, such as information on your interests, your likes and dislikes regarding the Site, the types of jobs you are interested in, etc., in an effort to deliver to you the best possible Site experience. To be clear, the terminology we are using when we refer to “Personal Identifiable Information” or “PII” this includes personally identifiable information including but not limited to, your name, address, e-mail, phone number, credit card information, work experience, career summary, career objectives, skills, certifications, clearances, references, education, desired salary, URL’s, domain names, location, position, as well as any portfolio information you may want to attach to your account such as written documents, videos, audios files, photographs, drawings, images, reels, charts, and external links you wish to reference and other non-public information you provide to us as part of the online registration process.
As an Employer or Applicant, you should be aware that when you voluntarily display or distribute personal information (such as those described above), that information could be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties for which the Company is not responsible.
We also collect an IP address from visitors to our Site. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Site. Your IP address is also used to help identify you when you visit our Site. greenlightjobs may request that you submit feedback from time to time. Any feedback that is submitted becomes the property of the greenlightjobs.
In general, by using the Site or our services, you permit disclosure by the Company of personal information and other information you provide and we otherwise obtain to prospective Clients, other professionals, and third parties.
PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ON EMPLOYER, APPLICANT JOB PROFILES, JOB POSTINGS, RESUMES AND PORTFOLIOS
Since greenlightjobs’ primary use is as an online recruitment website, we provide the Employer with options regarding the accessibility of your Applicant information for employment purposes:
- By submitting an online application whether for free or by purchasing the premium services on the Site, you allow your information to be searchable without making it confidential or, you have the ability to hide your profile from the searchable database to protect your Privacy. However, this may limit our ability to provide you with a specific service or particular content and will limit your ability to match to jobs within the Site. In order to take advantage of particular opportunities, you may be requested or required to furnish additional PII.
- If you choose to apply or match to any job openings posted by Employers onto the Site you are granting and acknowledging that the Employer and its representatives and agents will have access to your confidential information. Prospective Employers searching the database will be able to view your contact information and any other PII unless you choose the option that will allow you to hide or deactivate your account.
- You should never provide any non-job related personal information not contained within the employment application process, including but not limited to, social security number, information regarding ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, marital status or any other personal information not requested either online or over the phone.
- You should never provide independent parties your credit card number or any bank or financial information or conduct any unsecured or unauthorized monetary transaction either over the phone or in person.
- You have the choice whether or not to input information about yourself for purposes of collecting demographic or other data that may include PII. Non-public information consists of personal and financial information and one-on-one communications between you and other users of the Site and we strongly recommend that you do not enter or provide any other users or third parties with non-public information in your profile or account. You have the choice whether to make contact with matched user(s) or act on a job opportunity or any other invitation available throughout the Site.
- If you choose to build a profile and register onto the Site, you will be required to include PII information as outlined above which will allow Employers and others with access to your account and provide them with the ability to search for individuals like yourself. By default, your Profile will be made public unless you choose the appropriate option to hide, deactivate or delete your account or profile and your information will be used to match you to various job opportunities or users.
- PII collected by partners, Affiliates or third party companies who may do business with greenlightjobs to provide our registered users with products and services directed towards their individual career development or job placement and may provide you with advertising, e-mail communication, newsletters or other vehicles to communicate that may be of interest to you. Statistics about how many times you have viewed an ad, or visited a particular Site may be used to serve these purposes. Our partners, Affiliates or third party users may display target ads or otherwise improve the effectiveness of our service. These third party providers may read or set cookies on your hard drive, use pixel tags, track which ads you have viewed, or collect other information about you.
- Please be aware that you post PII content on the Site at your own risk and that no security measure is perfect or impenetrable. The Company cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that user content you post on the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any Privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
- You understand and acknowledge that even after removal or deletion of your account, copies of user content may remain viewable in cached, downloaded, printed or archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your content as well. In no way is greenlightjobs responsible for the misuse or dissemination of your Content in any event.
- You are free to cancel or suspend your subscription to the services at greenlightjobs at anytime by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or my selecting the “Cancel Membership” option on the Site.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO OTHERS
Except as set forth above, we do not disclose your personal information to outside parties. We may disclose your information for the following reasons: (a) in the event we enter into a relationship with a third party who agrees to use greenlightjobs in place of a resume database and may use your information in accordance with their own hiring, employment and Privacy and other policies and practices; (b) in the event the greenlightjobs’ technology and database infrastructure is used to compliment or support other third party or Employer websites for the purposes of powering or managing those websites career portions of their websites for employment purposes; (c) we may disclose and transfer your information to a third party who acquires, mergers all or a substantial portion of the greenlightjobs business, whether through a merger or acquisition or by way of a consolidation or purchase of all or part of the business. In addition, if the Company becomes bankrupt, insolvent or ceases its operations, whether voluntary or involuntary, the Company or its trustees, may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a legal transaction approved by a court of law; (d) when you agree to supply third parties, Employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers, or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you; (e) we may disclose data if we are legally required to law enforcement, compliance, auditors, consultants, contractors, agents ; (f) when you provide us with feedback via verbal, e-mail or in person and that feedback is used (such as success stories, thank-you notes, congratulations, etc.) for marketing purposes or to contact you further about information; (g) in the use of fulfillment requests or orders (to fulfill a purchase, build a profile, upgrade your Membership, purchase additional services through the Site or third parties; (h) we may use your information to send you administrative communications, e-mail updates and notices, newsletter information, marketing communications, business programs, contests, promotions or cross-marketing and networking events.
While your PII is protected as outlined above, we reserve the right to use, transfer, share, aggregate anonymous data about our users as a group for any business purpose such as analyzing usage trends, services, traffic, demographics and for seeking compatible advertisers and third party partners.
DEACTIVATING, CANCELING, CHANGING OR OPTING OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT
If you wish to deactivate or cancel your greenlightjobs account you may do so by selecting the option in your Account Settings in your profile. Removed account profile information may be stored in backup or cached for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally made available to any user of the Site.
If you are an Applicant and have elected a Premium Membership, you will not receive a refund on any portion or pro-ration of the remaining fees due on a monthly, recurring basis. All fees will be cancelled based on the next month’s billing cycle and on a moving forward basis only. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns regarding the refund of any subscription fees.
If you are you are an Employer all purchases for products and services related to mining the candidate database are final and no refunds for any portion of the term will be refunded or credited.
You may edit, modify, change, hide or delete any of your PII information in your account at any time by selecting the appropriate option in your Account Settings feature in your profile.
You may also “Opt-Out” of marketing related e-mail campaigns, advertisements, announcements but your settings will automatically default to “Opt-In” unless otherwise changed. Please be aware that your information may not be removed from the databases of third parties with which you we may have already shared your PII. If you wish to cease to receive marketing-related e-mails from third parties, please contact them directly.
We are committed to providing measures designed to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure of your PII. While we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to access or defeat those measures of security, we have placed security measures to protect you from the loss, misuse and integrity of the information under our control. Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security. You acknowledge that you provide your PII at your own risk.
CREDIT CARD SECURITY AND TRANSMISSION
greenlightjobs employs an encryption for secure credit card transactions through a gateway and merchant account provider, Cybersource. When you make a purchase on our Site with your credit card information we ensure that it is protected through the use of encryption, which means that is it difficult, not impossible, for your credit card information to be intercepted or stolen while the data is being transmitted through our Site.
At greenlightjobs, we use the highest level of encryption currently available to consumers through Cybersource. This ensures the safety and security of your credit card transactions. SSL ("Secure Sockets Layer") that basically means our server and your browser create and agree on an encryption key that will be used only for that particular session. Once established, this key encrypts all communication between our server and your browser.
To ensure accountability to these security measures, we have a "Server Certificate" issued to us by Thawte. They are a trusted third party authenticator. The certificate allows for authentication and guarantees mutual protection as well. If you have concerns, or witness any questionable Site activity or believe you are a victim of fraud, you should review your credit card agreement or call the Company that issues your card to ask about its policies regarding liability for fraudulent Internet charges or, contact your local authorities, or you may e-mail greenlightjobs for more information regarding online credit card transactions at firstname.lastname@example.org so steps can be taken for your immediate safety.
POLICY TOWARDS MINORS
The Site is intended for those 18 years and older. Children under age 13 or young adults between the ages of 13 and 18 are not permitted to register onto the Site. We do not knowingly collect data on anyone falling within these categories or are considered to be a minor.
If you suspect a user on the Site to be a minor, please report this abuse to us immediately upon becoming aware at email@example.com and we will have the account immediately deleted from the Site and report the abuse to the authorities as appropriate.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
The services are offered by Through The Garden Gate, LLC, DBA, greenlightjobs, a California Company located at P.O. Box 351415, Los Angeles, California 90035, or you may contact us by fax at 310-260-2147 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated October, 2009